Oak represents our leading species, with which we produce our entire products range. Oak wood is characterized by a very good hardness and mechanical resistance, in particular to compression and bending, but also resistance to fungus and mold attacks. It presents a pleasant colours stratification, from the yellowish sapwood to the brown heartwood and is characterized by the medullary rays (the silver figures) which are the true characteristic of this wood. Over time it tends to lighten slightly.
Available from 22 mm to 100 mm
boards wider than 100 mm and length from 900 up to 2000 mm
> extra wide
boards wider than 240 mm and length from 2100 up to 3500 mm
> extra wide
boards length longer than 4100 mm
> extra long
boards wider than 240 mm and length from 3600 up to 4100 mm
> extra wide & long
boards wider than 240 mm and length longer than 4200 mm
> extra wide & extra long
• Prime is predominantly defects free. However, limited trace of sap is accepted.
• Small natural tiny pin knots so popular in european oak is also accepted.
• Quality composed of 60% Prime quality and 40% Character and One face quality
• No heart
• Front face is predominantly defect free
• On back face sap and limited defects are allowed
• Si denotano tracce di alburno sui bordi e limitatamente su entrambe le facce. Piccoli nodi sani e vivi con un diametro massimo di 30 mm.
• Assenza di cuore.
• Sono ammessi tutti i difetti naturali della quercia. Presenza occasionale di nodi su ogni faccia.
• Si ammettono tracce di cuore.
• Su richiesta, sono disponibili classi speciali su misura, come la rustica pesante.
Limited production for medium and heavy pippy oak is available.
This quality is available square edged and surfaced only to guaranty 100% pippy.
Prime quarter sawn euro oak
available through the range of thicknesses surfaced or rough sawn.